Kitchen Appliances :
- Avoid dry grinding in your food processors (mixers and grinders) as it takes longer time than liquid grinding
- Consumes 50 % less energy than conventional electric / gas stoves
- Do not bake large food items
- Unless you're baking breads or pastries, you may not even need to preheat
- Don't open the oven door too often to check food condition as each opening leads to a temperature drop of 25°C
- Make use of the residual heat from oven & turn them off in good time.
- There's no need to pre-heat any more, particularly in newer oven models and fan-assisted ovens.
- Heat small quantities up to 400 g in the microwave at a time.
- Only use the oven for larger quantities, and cook several dishes/cakes and pastries at the same time. This makes optimum use of heat.